The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB) provides a central forum for all sectors and interests which fall within or are served by the air conditioning and refrigeration industry. Its member organisations represent manufacturers, distributors, contractors, consulting engineers, specifiers, end users, training providers, researchers and others with a direct interest in the environmentally friendly and cost effective provision and use of refrigeration, air conditioning and mechanical ventilation equipment.
ACRIB at Work
The aims and objectives of the organisation are pursued through committees and working groups, all of which report to the Board. The three main areas of activity are: environment and energy; education and training; and technical safety and standards. Its activities include:
- Operating a widely recognised safe refrigerant handling certification scheme.
- Maintaining active membership of EPEE, the European Partnership for Energy and the Environment.
- Working closely with SummitSkills on the development of national qualifications.
- Responding to issues such as system efficiency and safety, performance standards, food safety and safety at work.
- Advising UK Government on the implementation of regulations and legislation.
- To co-ordinate, represent and act upon the views and opinions common to all its member organisations.
- To provide a pan-industry point of contact for national government, the European Union, other UK and international organisations and the media.
- To initiate interaction with government and other authorities on behalf of and in the best interests of the refrigeration and air conditioning industry and its customers.
- To liaise with allied industries on matters of common interest and concern.
All of Ceilites engineers are registered with ACRIB to ensure we are on the national register and updated. www.acrib.org.uk